What and what should you take to Camp? Do you really need most of the things you’ve packed into your big leather box already? Here’s a checklist of what we think you
Documents and Photocopies
- NYSC Medical certificate
- Call-up letter
- Statement of Result/transcript
- School ID card
- Passport photographs
- NYSC Green Card
You won’t be allowed into camp premises without any of them. Go there with about 10 passports & 5 document photocopies each.
Toiletries & Essentials
- Toothbrush & Toothpaste
- Bath soap & Sponge
- Detergent & Bar Soap
- Toilet Paper
- Sanitary Pads & Tampons
- Shower Caps
- Buckets & Bailer
- Body Cream & Lotion
Its ok to buy buckets and non-essentials at the camp.
- White T-shirts
- White Shorts
- Whites tennis shoes
- White socks
- Bed sheets
- Perfumes/ body spray
- Rubber slippers/flip flops
- Combs and hair needs
- Makeup & accessories
- You will be provided with 2 pairs of white T-shirts and shorts in camp but you can take up to 2 pairs along.
- Colored panties will be too conspicuous under the white tops and bottoms.
- You can take a 2 – 3 sets of casual wears/mufti for Sunday and camp fire night.
- 1 pair of shoe and socks
isokay. It is good to have a white rubber shoe that is easy to clean (sold at camp also).
Other Recommended Items
- Torch lights
- Mosquito nets/mosquito repellant
- Food flasks, cups, drinking flasks & cutlery
- Cloth hangers
- Wrist watch
- Padlocks and keys
- Waist pouch
- Handkerchiefs/face towels/Kleenex
Get a cheap watch. Everyone uses a waist purse. It’s your camp bestie. Most of these items can be easily bought in the camp so don’t worry. If you can’t get them before traveling. See also: Some Didn’t Wear Pants: Shocking Experience In Delta NYSC Camp – Muslim Corpers
- Methylated spirits/ rubbing alcohol
- Band aids/plasters
- Cotton wool
- Anti-purging pills (flagyl, tetracycline etc.)
- Anti-malaria pills
- Inhaler (for those who are asthmatic)
These aren’t necessary except you have something to treat or known allergies
- Camera & batteries
- Writing pads and stationary
- Mp3/ iPod
- Eye pads for sleeping & ear plugs
- Surge protectors / extensions
- Glue sticks & stapler
If you have an internet-enabled camera phone, do take it along. Camp life can be very boring without one. You will like to take pictures and share with your friends. You only need to be very vigilant and protective of your things. If you feel you need a bulletproof vest or helmet, please carry it. You know what we mean, don’t you?
MONEY, MONEY, AND MORE MONEY.
- Never, ever, ever run out of it. Bring as much as you can afford.
- Mirrors and forks are known to be contraband items in camp
- Prices of items apart from fast consumer goods (Credit, Gala, Indomie etc) are usually higher than those outside so it is advisable you buy the things you can before going into camp.
PACK AS LIGHT AS YOU CAN AND MAKE SURE YOUR BOX IS AS THEFT-PROOF AS POSSIBLE.
If you have any questions you want to ask, use the comment box below.